Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Topshop Makeup

August by Ameba
Get it while you can, Topshop makeup has been discontinued. If you're new to makeup then you probably don't know the pain it can cause. All the endless possibilities, of what could and should have been suddenly are snuffed away in one final painful swoop. Maybe it's due to liquidation, lack of interest or simply a company moving on with the times. Many a great product has been lost to the aimless whims of modernity, unaware consumers, tough markets, bad marketing, competition, etc. which often leads a good product unworthily down the garden path to its end, in the cosmetic graveyard. 

Granted I wasn't an avid buyer/spender of Topshop products but, the one and only piece of merchandise that pulled me into the store was the makeup. Now I'm not sure what I'd do when I decide to pop in and peruse, perhaps I will simply stare at the shoes? Never say I don't alliterate. So, when I found out that Topshop was discontinuing their makeup for £1, I jumped on it. Then I came across a wider selection with a 5 for £10  offer, where the items were in better nick so let's say I jumped up some more ... 


BASE
Topshop Liquid Foundation in Cinnamon - £16  £2 (30mls)
A nice undertone for me. I wanted to purchase nutmeg but alas there was only the tester. This shade can be mixed with a little bit of a darker shade (Umber) to suit my overall skin but can work well enough on its own if used strategically and carefully.

Topshop Liquid Foundation in Umber - £16  £2 (30mls)
Matches perfectly to the periphery of my face. Yet, it's too dark to use on my overall face on the lighter areas (cheekbones, around eyes). I'd either mix this with a lighter colour overall or use this on the periphery.
Umber and Cinnamon Lasting Foundation swatches
Topshop Concealer in Mahogany
Topshop Longwear Concealer in Mahogany- £12 £1 
This shade works nicely as an undereye concealer. Totally forgot to swatch this one but, I'll make it up in my "foundation files" post coming relatively soon to chronicle foundation tings. This is actually a really nice concealer (reminds me of Maybelline Eraser in Warm Olive in its undertone). Since its early days, I can't say how long-wearing this concealer is or the foundation. Recently, I had an awful allergic reaction to a VEGAN face scrub which has left me extremely wary of doing too much with my face so I will swatch it but, just not now. 
LIPS
Topshop lipsticks were one of the reasons I noticed the brand. As I'm writing this, I've just remembered I actually have another lipstick but, never mind! Topshop lipsticks are nice, they have good pigmentation a nice formula and a pretty vanilla light scent. Depending on the formula the textures are either glossy or matte and both are moisturising. 
I like all the shaded but just not a fan of the names "Distort" or "Decoy" if I must be picky. Perhaps Topshop could've made an interesting story for the shade names that would make me think of something edgy, other than "dodgy" but alas I do.
Topshop Blush Lipstick in Decoy £10 £2 - very sheer, moisturising and can be built up to a light deepened blackened berry. 
Topshop Lipstick in Rio (bought before Topshop makeup was discontinued) - Liv Tyler wore this, what else must I say. 
Topshop Lipstick in Distort (bought before Topshop makeup was discontinued) - a berry-toned red compared to the orange firecracker that is Rio Rio. If you want to play it safe this is the more comfortable everyday red. 


CHEEKS & EYES

Topshop Blush in Amused - £10 £2
Not I didn't buy it with a dent, I accidentally opened it up wrong. This is a nice rosy gold blush for all skin tones. On dark skin, you won't see the rosiness but the golden highlight works really well (see swatch picture way below). 
Topshop Eye Kohl in Coal (bought before Topshop makeup was discontinued) - this is a really nice eye pencil. In fact, I think it's perhaps my favourite to date. Super old but still works. I don't often line my eyes but, I have been practicing. It's not too dry or too wet smudging everywhere, it's black, not dark grey and doesn't drag or hurt my eyes. I've been sad about not being able to purchase this for a while hence why I've saved it. I think this is great for beginners and those with sensitive eyes (me). I really wish this formula springs up somewhere in the highstreet arena again ... 
Amused and Coal swatched
TOOLS
Topshop small paddle brush - £6 £2
I'm the type of lady who doesn't whimsically invest heavy coins in the tools used to apply makeup. Beauty Blender ... Who? ... £16? - My foot?! ... Yet, I'm classy enough to smile and still look interested as I shuffle out the door. Yet I know the value of a good tool, it can make blending easier, create the right line and hopefully not feel uncomfortable on the face. This small paddle brush is designed for blending liquid formulas and was suggested to be used for concealers (which I'll try) but I bought it for lips because its broad (quick) and pointed for cupids bows and all that malarkey. 

That's it for my public service announcement. My penance is over if you miss out, it's on you now. 


Do you buy discontinued makeup or do you steer clear of it?
Does it matter if a brand/product you liked becomes discontinued?
Have you tried Topshop Makeup?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar